Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Quilled Lakshmi - Indian Goddess

Hello All!

On my recent trip to India, I visited the famous Mahalaxmi temple in Kolhapur. For the uninitiated, this goddess is highly revered in Hindu religion. She wears colorful bright clothes, is adorned with gold jewelry and is resplendent in her glory. Seeing that beautiful idol inspired this frame.


The features of the goddess are hand sketched, and all her adornments are quilled in this 5 X 7 frame.


I have to mention this again - I LOVE beehiving! It fits almost any project, and can be used as a filler so well! The goddess' hair is done using combing technique, using a golden edged black paper.

I am very satisfied at the expression on her face, serene and all-knowing. Quilling this goddess makes me want to quill the Indian god 'Ganpati' soon!

Cheers!
Manasee

1 comment: