Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Quilled Lady Coaster

Hello All!

Here is a trial of a stunning technique, mastered by Eugene Evseeva. The technique involves quilling female characters - quilled hair, clothes, accessories.

This photo caught my eye somewhere on the internet (kicking myself for not saving that link now :( ), and I decided to give it a go.


I had found these beautiful coasters on whimsiquills (http://www.whimsiquills.com/servlet/the-2089/N20072-Round-Coaster/Detail and no, I am not paid to advertise), which I was very impatient to start quilling on. So I decided to make a coaster out of the photo, quilling the hair portion and sketching the rest of the girl's face. It was not an easy job, and the number of small coils and shaped made my head spin. But about three days later, here is what I had, a beautiful coaster with this sassy girl on it!


A closeup -

Her hair is shades of black and brown, and I love the pouting red lips :)

The portrait is completely under glass, and sealed off at the bottom of the coaster too. You can use this as a coaster or a paper weight, any stains will wipe right off the glass without spoiling the artwork.

Gives me the thought of starting a series of quilled portrait coasters...hmmm....

Cheers!
Manasee

2 comments:

  1. its cute :)Manasee if you could have used legthy strips like Simona Elena(She is available in fb)used to do, it would look more pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dor the tip Rose Angeline! Will try that out for the next coaster :)

    ReplyDelete